This article is part of the series that compare Kubernetes and Docker Swarm features.
- Kubernetes Pods, ReplicaSets, And Services Compared To Docker Swarm Stacks
- Kubernetes Deployments Compared To Docker Swarm Stacks
- Kubernetes Ingress Compared To Docker Swarm Equivalent
- Kubernetes ConfigMaps Compared To Docker Swarm Configs
- Kubernetes Secrets Compared To Docker Swarm Secrets
Secrets are very similar to Kubernetes ConfigMaps and Docker Swarm configs. Everything we said for configurations applies to Secrets, with a few additional features.
Both Kubernetes and Docker Swarm stores Secrets in tmpfs inside containers. From that aspect, they are equally secure. The significant difference is in the way Secrets are stored internally.