How to manage infrastructure, applications, and services? How to apply GitOps principles to everything? How to ensure that all the resources are always in-sync? Can we combine infrastructure, application, and service management using ArgoCD and Crossplane?Continue reading
Tag Archives: Service
Kubernetes Pods, ReplicaSets, And Services Compared To Docker Swarm Stacks
This article is part of the series that compares Kubernetes and Docker Swarm features.
- Kubernetes Pods, ReplicaSets, And Services Compared To Docker Swarm Stacks
- Kubernetes Deployments Compared To Docker Swarm Stacks
- Kubernetes Ingress Compared To Docker Swarm Equivalent
- Kubernetes ConfigMaps Compared To Docker Swarm Configs
- Kubernetes Secrets Compared To Docker Swarm Secrets
- Kubernetes Namespaces Compared To Docker Swarm Equivalent (If There Is Any)
- Kubernetes RBAC Compared To Docker Swarm RBAC
- Kubernetes Resource Management Compared To Docker Swarm Equivalent
Starting from this article, we’ll compare each Kubernetes feature with Docker Swarm equivalents. That way, Swarm users can have a smoother transition into Kubernetes or, depending on their goals, choose to stick with Swarm.
Please bear in mind that the comparisons will be made only for a specific set of features. You will not (yet) be able to conclude whether Kubernetes is better or worse than Docker Swarm. You’ll need to grasp both products in their entirety to make an educated decision. The comparisons like those that follow are useful only as a base for more detailed examinations of the two products.
For now, we’ll limit the comparison scope to Pods, ReplicaSets, and Services on the one hand, and Docker Service stacks, on the other.